my novel study

The library of shadows

A novel study by Amiria Sawers

This book is written by Mikkel Birkegaard. I think this book would be aimed at young adults and adults. The genre is fantasy thriller.  The  library of shadows was first published in 2009.

This book is set in Copenhagen, Denmark there is also a bit set in egypt. This book is based around these people called lectors. There are two types of lestors. The first ones are transmitters,they can influence someone’s views on the text when they are reading out loud to them. The second type are receivers If someone is reading a text they can hear them reading and then they can influence someone’s views on the text doing this, if they want to they can elevate someone’s heart rate causing them to die. 

The main character in the library of shadows is this man called Jon campelli he is a lawyer and also a un activated lector. His mother died when he was young and his father luca campelli died because a receiver elevated his heart rate when he was reading. His father owned a second hand book shop called libri di luca. The shop got handed down to Jon. Jon fell in love with a woman who works at the bookshop. Her name is Katherina. She has long red hair and green eyes.

I really liked this book and I would recommend it to  anyone who likes fantasy thrillers.

One thought on “my novel study

1. Kia Ora Amira,
    That sounds like a really interesting fantasy thriller story, you have given enough information about the book to hook me into wanting to read it. It sound like there could also be a love story in there. Is there a series of them or is it just a one off?
    Thanks for sharing on your blog.
    Whaea Donna